Commission a Custom Original Painting On Canvas, Inspired by the Love in YOUR Family
"I got the painting in the mail! It was even more beautiful to see it in 'real life' than on the computer. Thank you so much. My baby daughter has already figured out that it represents “mom”, “day-day” and “momma” (which is what she calls herself!). It’s been a pleasure working with you the past few weeks and it is exactly what I was hoping to get. I am definitely a huge fan of your work (and I’m not much of an artsy person so that says a lot – smile).” ~ Annette in Germany
You can see the full Commission Painting Process below, meanwhile,
here are some quick answers to your questions:
• I work with clients
ALL over the world
• If you are looking for a realistic family portrait that captures a photo likeness, then I am not for you!
~ I capture the emotion, warmth, love & connection within families
in a stylized, whimsical and unique way
• no surprises ~ we stay in touch & on the same page throughout the whole process
• The process requires approximately 3-10 weeks, depending upon the size you choose
• email me for sizes & prices
You CAN afford a custom painting! The sizes start at 8x8 inches and prices start at $235 USD.
“Words cannot describe what I felt when I opened the box. I have been blown away by this painting, and it is more impressive in person!
You captured our relationship and my feelings perfectly. Our nursing relationship is “beyond expectations” and so is the painting!
It is exactly what I was hoping for when I commissioned the painting. Thank you so so much!! You are a truly talented artist and a joy to work with!”
~ A.L., Dallas, TX
Here is how the process for a Commissioned Painting works:
1) You choose a canvas size that will feature your painting, see sizes below.
2) I will email a simple contract and upon approval and a down payment of half of the painting price, I will get started on your sketch.
3) I will email you a sketch loosely showing my plan for your painting – upon approval of the sketch we will move forward to the next stage, which is brown and white paint on canvas.
4) Throughout the process, I will email progress photos so we can stay on the same page with your painting. As each stage is approved I will move forward.
5) Upon completion of your painting, I will send a final photo for your approval then I will varnish the whole surface, add a hanging wire and finish the edges of your painting.
6) The final half of the painting price (plus shipping and/or tax if applicable) is due and we will plan for delivery or shipping.
7) I will ship your painting to you. Let me know if you are located outside of the U.S. and I can give you some quotes for shipping in advance.
IMPORTANT NOTE: When I create a painting for a family, I focus on capturing the emotion and connection between family members ~ instead of a photo likeness. It is important to know that your finished original painting will be less of a family portrait and more of an emotional painting with depth and heart ~ inspired by YOUR family’s members, your family’s affection, closeness and coloring. I like to see photos in the beginning for inspiration, hair and eye color, and I like to know names and ages and anything else that is interesting about personalities. I strive to create a lovely, flowing, loving and emotional piece inspired by your family’s connection, versus a photo likeness.