I am so happy to present the 2nd painting for the Painting On Purpose project ~ Sun Up To Sun Down.
The PURPOSE for this project is to give ALL of the proceeds from the sale of an original painting to a charity that benefits mothers and/or children.
In 2015 this project allowed me to give $704 to the NW Mothers Milk Bank in Portland, OR. Thank you to Sergey, my loyal collector in Russia, for purchasing the 2015 POP Painting If You Believe.
Painting On Purpose is a project inspired by my sweet Grandma Neva who turned 92 on the day the first POP painting was released: February 6, 2015. My grandma has always believed in me and has celebrated (with me!) the fact that art can make a difference in people’s lives.
She turns 93 today!! Happy Birthday Grandma! In honor of YOU I am giving $455 to Food For Orphans.
Sun Up To Sun Down is a 10×16” painting that HAS SOLD for $455. $455 will go to this year’s charity Food For Orphans. Thank you to Morgan, my sweet collector who purchased this 2016 POP Painting. Find prints of Sun Up To Sun Down, here.
Food For Orphans states that $100 feeds 400 children ~ with that estimation, we are feeding 1,820 children (1,820 meals for orphans) with the creation and sale of this new original painting. Wooo Hoooo!
Here is some more information about Food For Orphans:
Nearly 400,000 orphans starve to death every year and Food for Orphans refuses to turn a blind eye to their pain and suffering. With only 25¢, we can save an orphan’s life. For this to be done, we need your help. When you donate, thousands of innocent lives will be changed! Here are a few statistics surrounding orphans around the globe:
- 147 Million Orphans Worldwide
- 44,000 New Orphans Everyday
- Every 90 Seconds, Another Orphan Starves to Death
- 60 Million Orphans Go to Bed Hungry Every Night
- Every 2 Seconds, Another Child Becomes an Orphan
- It Only Costs 30¢ to Feed an Orphan
- More than 300 million children are undernourished in today’s world. These children are more likely to contract diseases and infections, and can suffer severe damage to their mental and physical development that is irreparable.
- 854 million people do not have enough to eat – more than the populations of USA, Canada and the European Union. Source: FAO & The State of Food Insecurity in the World, 2003
- Hunger & malnutrition are the #1 risk to global health killing more people than AIDS, malaria & TB combined. Source: WHO-World Health Report 2002 – WHO 200
- The number of chronically hungry people worldwide is growing by an average of four million per year at current trends.
Food For Orphans’ Commitment
- To find and feed orphans that truly need help.
- Make sure that all donations are wisely and properly used.
- Carefully distribute every donation in accordance to the greatest need.
- Confirm that each orphan is cared for and loved properly.
Want to help? Any gift you give makes a big difference. A one-time donation to Food For Orphans is used in the same way to provide meals for orphans around the world who do not have access to nutritious food. Thanks for making a difference. Provide your assistance here.
Please feel free to suggest charities for the upcoming years of POP (I plan to do this for as long as I possibly can… I see no reason to stop).
Thank you, everyone, for your support ~ I look forward to the next POP painting! To be released February 6, 2017.
Love & Sincerely, Katie